Laser, Camera, Action!
Last month I was asked to shoot some content photos for Evolution Laser Studio in Portland. I wanted to learn more so I packed up my camera.
I thought I'd share with you some information I've learned in the short time I've spent with these really cool people.
1. It will take months—if not a year or more. Tattoos don't just disappear after a once-over with the laser. It takes a long time to complete because each time the tattoo is lasered, particles are broken down and digested by the body's immune system. The regeneration period is up to eight weeks, and the next time you go, the laser breaks down new particles of pigment.
2. All ink can be taken out. The experts at Evolution know what settings and wavelengths to use to remove all colors of ink. I found it a little unsettling that some wavelengths can actually destroy the sensor in my camera!
3. You'll need things like Aquaphor, bandages, and even clothes that don't rest on the tattoo. I don't personally have any tattoos, but from what I've learned the healing process in between sessions can be a bit painful and you'll want to take care of your skin by keeping the area hydrated and bandaged with Aquaphor and bandages. Because blisters and peeling can happen it might be a good idea to plan your clothing choices, too. Having clothes that scratches or rubs on the area you had lasered can be annoying.
It's not just for women! Many men are sick of shaving their neck, but want to keep that lumber-sexual beard!
4. They use lasers to remove hair, too. I think most of us have hair in places we'd rather be done shaving and waxing and using a laser to get rid of those hairs is just plain cool. Depending on your hair color and thickness you could be done shaving in 6-10 sessions. Laser hair removal isn't as painful as tattoo removal and sessions are much quicker.
5. Facials, too! One of the coolest treatments I've witnessed is called a photo facial. They use the laser to fix age spots, brown spots or that uneven skin texture. This treatment uses short blasts of high-intensity light to produce younger-looking skin that’s firmer and more even in tone and texture. With little recovery time and no surgery, you’re going to start wondering if this anti-aging, skin rejuvenating, sun damage-reversing treatment is magic. (It’s not, it’s just science.)
Check out Evolution Laser Studio in Portland, Maine for your session today! And see more of my shots on their facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/evolutionlaserstudio/